It's so rewarding to buy a gift for someone that they really love. But when you are standing in the shop with
so many options it can be a daunting process. Personally, I really like to buy a gift that someone will use so I would like to share how I select a gift for my clients, friends and family.
1. I have created a questionnaire that I ask my clients to fill in. It covers things like; what gifts have you given in the past and what gifts has the person loved and used. It's my way of getting to know the person. You also need to know things like; favorite colours, favorite holiday destinations, hobbies, religion.
2. Identify how much you'd like to spend on the person.
3. From the knowledge you have gained you can then do some research on the net. Go to hobby forums to see what other people are looking at to purchase or specialty stores for sale items.
4. If the price range for specialty items are outside your budget, think laterally. For example, if someone is into hiking and fitness then you could purchase them a gift basket of organic fruits and vegetables or a foot massage for after a hike.
5. If you have still drawn a blank you can utilise the services of a Personal Concierge or try websites like Red Balloon. You can also check out my FB page for ideas. When I am out and about or shopping for a client I will share links to the items that I think would make a great gift. Check it out at facebook.com/LifestyleAssistance